Modern Warfare Players Can Play Together Across PS4, Xbox 1 and PC
Friday, September 20th, 2019 marks the start of the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Open Crossplay Beta. For the first time ever in Call of Duty history, players will be able to play together across PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Crossplay in Call of Duty will essentially unite the entire community in the ultimate multiplayer playground. There has also been the removal of Season Pass along with plans to release free maps and content post-launch.
This weekend’s Crossplay Open Beta will provide not only a great opportunity for gamers to have a brand new experience, but also provide developers important feedback as they polish for worldwide release next month on October 25th, 2019.
How does Crossplay work?
- You can Opt in, or Opt out:
In Modern Warfare, players can choose to enable crossplay, allowing players to play with friends on all three supported platforms, so the game offers an opt-in choice.
- A COD Account is Needed:
Remember, you will need a COD Account to play Modern Warfare, if you don’t have one already you can create one here.
- Matchmaking and Balancing:
In Modern Warfare, crossplay has been designed to factor play balancing across differences in controller type. Additionally, players have choices on which control device they wish to use on any platform. Here are some examples you may experience:
- You can decide to use keyboard and mouse on PlayStation® 4 or Xbox One.
- You can decide to use a controller on PC.
- PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC players can all play against each other, provided they all utilise controllers, or all utilise KBM (a keyboard and mouse).
- You can place into a lobby where there are no control scheme filters, allowing you to play with players using both controllers and/or KBM across up to all three supported platforms.
On top of this, with the addition of crossplay, players should expect even shorter lobby wait times since there will be a larger player count.
- Adding your Friends and Gathering Parties:
Using your COD Account, you are able to create cross-platform Friends lists and Parties from all three supported platforms. This unites the community by removing barriers, creating platform-agnostic friend groups. Are you a PS4 player with friends on Xbox One and PC, for example? Now you can organise parties and jump into matches with your friends, easily and quickly regardless of platform.
- Crossplay Applicable Modes:
Crossplay supports all multiplayer modes in Modern Warfare. There are no plans currently to support Ranked Play or competitive tournaments.
For more information and the latest intel on Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @InfinityWard and @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook. For more information on Activision games, follow @Activision on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.